- Veterans Crisis Line - If you are having thoughts of suicide, call 1-800-273-8255,then PRESS 1 or visit http://www.veteranscrisisline.net/
- For emergency mental health care, you can also go directly to your local VA medical center24/7 regardless of your discharge status or enrollment in other VA health care.
- Vet Centers - Discuss how you feel with other Veterans in these community-based counseling centers. 70% of Vet Center staff are Veterans.Call 1-877-927-8387or find one near you.
- VA Mental Health Services Guide- This guide will help you sign up and access mental health services.
- net- information, resources, and Veteran to Veteran videos for challenging life events and experiences with mental health issues.
- RallyPoint - Talk to other Veterans online. Discuss: What are your feelings as the Taliban reclaim Afghanistan after 20 years of US involvement?
- Download VA's self-help apps- Tools to help deal with common reactions like, stress, sadness, and anxiety. You can also track your symptoms over time.
- Tragedy Assistance Program for Survivors (TAPS) - Tragedy Assistance Program For Survivors (TAPS) Is Here For You! Request a Peer Mentor or call 800-959-TAPS (8277)
- VA Women Veterans Call Center - Call or text 1-855-829-6636(M-F 8AM - 10PM & SAT 8AM - 6:30PM ET)
- VA Caregiver Support Line - Call 1-855-260-3274(M-F 8AM - 10PM & SAT 8AM - 5PM ET)
- Together We Served -Find your battle buddiesthrough unit pages
- Elizabeth Dole Foundation Hidden Heroes - Join the Community or call 202-249-7170
- American Red Cross Military Veteran Caregiver Network - Peer Support and Mentoring or call the Hero Care Network at 1-877-272-7337
- Team Red, White & Blue - Hundreds of events weekly. Find a chapterin your area.
- Student Veterans of America - Find a campus chapterto connect with.
- Team Rubicon - Find a local support
Additional community resources and contacts:
- Vets4Warriors - 1-855-838-8255 Vets4Warriors | We've been where you are and we're with you now
- Wounded Warrior Project 1-888-WWP-ALUM or 1-904-405-1213 and Support for Veterans - Programs for Veterans in Need | WWP (woundedwarriorproject.org)
- America’s Warrior Partnership 1-866-AWPVETS America's Warrior Partnership | Empowering Communities to Empower Veterans (americaswarriorpartnership.org)
- Code of Support 1-571-418-6339 press 1 Code of Support Foundation
- Independence Fund The Independence Fund
- Blue Star Families Blue Star Families - Find Your People, Build Your Community
- ETS Sponsorship ETS Sponsorship Program